In: Rental Equipment > NDT > Wall Crawler >
Remote Operated Vehicle
The tri-pod is a remote operated vehicle, used to translate instruments and inspection equipment along ferrous metal surfaces. Using three rare-earth magnetic wheels the crawler can climb vertical, horizontal, and inverted surfaces. The three wheeled computerized drive system allows the Tri-pod to rotate 360deg on its own axis without skid steering.
- Unique Linkage System: The tripods wheels remain perpendicular to the driving surface when driving in both the longitudinal and circumferential directions.
- Control system: Onboard intelligence provides functionality, flexibility, and expandability. All components are industrially hardened for the best in vibration shock and temperature.
- Molded umbilical: The tripod has a rugged umbilical with power, communication, 4 coax conductors and a water line molded into a durable polyurethane jacket.
- Real-time encoder feedback (optional): A sealed optical encoder is mounted on the steering wheel providing accurate straight line positioning information.
- Probe lift actuator (optional): A small lightweight linear actuator is available to lift a probe on and off of the inspection surface. The probe is mounted in a wear shoe with a virtual pivot point to allow for surface irregularities.
- Water system (optional): Extensive use of re-sealable o-ring gaskets and seals protect against penetration of contaminants into the unit.
- Visual inspection camera (optional): TThe tripod can be fitted with a camera for remote visual inspection or as a driving aid. The camera feed is sent down the standard umbilical.
- Multi-probe holding adapter (optional): If a multiple probes are required an adapter is available to integrate the STIX probe holding system on the tripod.
- Vertical Lifting Capacity: 25lbs (on standard painted surface)
- Driving Speed: Variable 0 1 ft/sec
- Supply Power: 85 264VAC 45 -65 Hz 1 phase
- Crawler Weight: 30lbs
- Crawler Dimensions: L = 17.7 H = 7.5 W= 15.5
- System Voltage: 30VDC 10VDC (28 Standard Operating)
- Environmental Sealing: NEMA 4, IP65 Operating Temperature -20C - +40C
- Motor Type: Brushless Servo, integral feedback and planetary gearhead
- Drive wheel magnetic strength: 200lbs each